Capellini Pasta is a pasta in a delicate and buttery, slightly spicy broth, with just the right seasoning. Capellini Pasta can be served in multiple ways. It can be mixed with a sauce or a fresh condiment, it can be stirred into soups or stews, and it can also be baked. I encourage you to try a little variance and switch up the norm to your meals with any of the mentioned options as an alternative to your customary choice. This delightful Capellini Pasta can be prepared as a main or side dish, and it is also great eaten cold the next day. The delectable Capellini pasta noodles pair perfectly in the light chicken flavored broth, allowing the garlic and chili flakes to really dazzle.
For another no-cream Pasta, add 1 can diced tomato, 1/2 cup sliced green olives, and 1 pound diced steamed asparagus.
- 1 package Capellini pasta
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-5 cups of pasta water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken flavored vegetable broth
- 1/4 chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chiffonade basil, plus whole sprigs for garnish
- salt to season
- 1 head of broccoli, in small bite-size pieces
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, water, butter, broccoli and chili flakes. Turn the heat to high with the lid on for 5 minutes to soften the broccoli. Lower the heat and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Cook the angel hair pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Add the Parmesan and basil and toss well. Place in a large pasta bowl and garnish with Parmesan and basil sprigs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Steam the broccoli (or your vegetable of choice) by adding small pieces of the vegetable to the pasta in the last few minutes of cooking, adding ½ cup water if necessary. Place lid on for 3-5 minutes.
- If you prefer to use your steamer, bring a small amount of water to a boil, add vegetable and place lid on. Most vegetables take at least 3 to 5 minutes to be done.