This delicious dessert recipe will quickly become one of your households very favorite! The amazing nutty toasted flavor of flax seeds are included as a texture and taste enhancer to this scrumptious after dinner gourmet treat. Flax seeds are heart healthy and add a delightful crunchy experience to this unique peach cobbler dessert. It is served warm but not hot A la mode with coconut ice cream. This unique variation of a timeless classic delight will create nine nicely sized individual servings and requires less than one hour to create and serve.
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed
- 1 generous tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of flour
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of vegan butter
- 1 can of sliced peaches in water
- In a large mixing bowl, add 2 tablespoons of flax seed, 6 tablespoons of warm water, 1 generous tablespoon of baking powder, 1 cup of flour, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 cup of coconut palm sugar and 1 cup of almond milk. Blend all of the ingredients together with a mixer until they are dispersed evenly and are well incorporated. Set the mixing bowl aside for a moment.
- Melt 1 cup of vegan butter in a small sauce pan. Pour the melted butter into a 9 x 11 sized baking pan evenly coating the entire bottom surface. Transfer the flax seed/flour batter mixture from the mixing bowl to the baking pan. Add 1 can of sliced peaches in water as the final layer and disburse evenly with a spatula.
- If you prefer to use fresh peaches instead of canned, slice the peaches and place in a separate mixing bowl. Add water and 1 tablespoon of coconut palm sugar. Mix all three ingredients together and allow to set for thirty minutes before adding as the final layer.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for thirty minutes. Once the cobbler is removed from the oven, allow to cool before serving warm al a mode with coconut ice cream.