From the very first moment you experience the mouthwatering taste of this delicious treat, I pledge without reservation that you will think you have died and gone to heaven. This amazing recipe will quickly become one of your own households most favorite and requested dishes! It could easily be considered as the delightful palate pleasing appetizer you serve at your next formal dinner party. I can already hear your guests raving about it! Even served as the main course for an ordinary everyday lunch or supper, I guarantee that your family will stand in line for second helpings. This quick and simple recipe creates six individual servings and requires less than one hour to prepare.
- 6 large stemmed Portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup of freshly minced garlic
- ½ cup of red or white wine
- ½ teaspoon of ground coarse black pepper
- ½ tablespoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Brush clean and rinse 6 large stemmed Portobello mushrooms leaving the stems intact. Set the mushrooms aside for a moment to prepare the marinade mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ¼ cup of freshly minced garlic, ½ cup of red or white wine depending upon your personal taste preference, ½ teaspoon of ground coarse black pepper, ½ tablespoon of sea salt and 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard. Whisk all of the ingredients in the bowl together while gradually adding 1 cup of extra-virgin olive oil to the marinade mixture. Continue whisking until the mixture is completely blended and well emulsified.
- With the intact Portobello mushroom stem, individually dip each cleaned mushroom cap into the marinade mixture. Once they have been dipped, place the mushroom caps, gill side up, in a large glass baking dish. The Portobello mushrooms should be allowed to marinate in the dish for approximately thirty minutes before attempting to cook.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and roast the mushrooms for fifteen minutes. Before removing the glass dish from the oven, check to confirm that the mushrooms are indeed tender and that no additional cooking time is required. This recipe should be allowed to cool before being served at room temperature for the most favorable result. Before serving, drizzle any remaining marinade mixture over each individual mushroom.