Greek Salad Dressing Vinaigrette is a creamy blended vinaigrette of olive oil, Greek olives and spices, and topped over your desired salad greens. Kalamata olives and fresh herbs add a ton of gusto to simple olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing. This 5 minute olive oil vinaigrette will be your go to dressing for your best-loved greens, traditional Greek salad, and cucumber salad or just drizzled over fresh tomatoes. It’s naturally gluten-free, vegan and paleo. The fresh herbs add a sparkling glow to this creamy dressing. I’ve added oregano for a woodsier flavor.
Pair this dressing with salads, based with tender yet bitter greens like Belgian endive, or chopped romaine. The bitterness of the olives with the acidity of the vinegar will cancel out the bitterness of the greens and make them seem sweeter and make the basil really stand out. Kidney beans and chickpeas (or your favorite bean) are also excellent proteins to add in with the heavenly greens, and make a complete lunch or dinner meal.
It can be made ahead and dribbled on throughout the week. I have included all three versions of this olive oil vinaigrette, and hope you let me know -on my contact page, which one is your favorite.
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard, or grey poupon
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano, thyme & parsley
- 1/2 black pepper
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 lemons juiced
- 3 fresh cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBL fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsps agave
- 1 TBL red wine vinegar
- Whisk all salad dressing ingredients in a blender until emulsified.
- Serve over a head of fresh romaine lettuce- torn into bite-size pieces, 1/2 cup garbanzos (or beans of your choice), diced: 1 carrots, 1 tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 avocado, and 1 green bell pepper.
- Add medium red onion, thin half moon slices and 3/4 cup feta cheese.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese with salad dressing in a bowl. Add cheese and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.