This sweet treat is a chocolate lovers dream come true. It is a uniquely delicious brownie recipe variation that is actually served chilled rather than baked. The all-natural ingredients are packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants and healthy fats in a nutrient-dense blend of rich chocolate and several different nut varieties. This quick and easy dessert delight will create twenty individual serving squares and requires less than one hour to prepare and serve.
- 1¼ cups of raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup of raw unsalted almonds
- ¼ cup of raw and unsalted shelled pistachios
- 2 cups of pitted dates
- 1 cup of raw cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of melted organic coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of expresso powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- Pour 1¼ cups of raw unsalted walnuts, 1 cup of raw unsalted almonds and ¼ cup of raw and unsalted shelled pistachios into a blender or food processor. Grind all of the nuts together until they become finely chopped.
- Next, begin adding 2 cups of pitted dates to the nut mixture in the blender or food processor a few dates at a time until all two cups have been incorporated. With a spatula in between pulsing sessions, scrape the ingredients dispersed on the sides of the blender or food processor and return them to the recipe mixture as necessary. Repeat the pulsing process until all of the ingredients are well blended. Once all of the pitted dates have been included, add 1 cup of raw cocoa powder to the mixture and proceed to combine until all the ingredients have become well mixed.
- Pour ¼ cup of cacao nibs into a small sauce pan and heat until melted. Transfer the nut, date and cocoa blended mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the melted cacao nibs from the sauce pan along with 1 tablespoon of melted organic coconut oil, 2 teaspoons of expresso powder, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1 teaspoon of maca powder and a dash of cinnamon. Gently stir all of the ingredients in the mixing bowl together with a spatula until the contents become well blended.
- Line a 7 x 7 square baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the brownie recipe from the mixing bowl into the pan and evenly disperse into a uniform layer. Place the pan into the refrigerator for thirty minutes to chill and set before cutting into squares and serving. Any leftover treats are best when stored in the freezer for later use.