A Pecan Torte is a rich, multilayered caramelized blend of toasted pecans, buttery syrups, almonds and topped on a golden sweet crust. I commonly serve this pecan torte with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top. In other words, you’ll find this to be a scrumptious way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
There are many different variations of the Pecan Torte recipe some of which include the following ingredients; apples, chocolate, bourbon, fudge, peanut butter, coffee, etc. This recipe however, is my favorite version of the classic Pecan Torte which I love making for my friends and family in heart shaped tins. This is the perfect dessert that will keep your indulged family and friends asking for more!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 coconut or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 gluten free flour (or regular flour)
- 1 1/2 lightly toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- In food processor, pulse almonds until fine powder.
- With food processor on, stream in oil until mixed.
- Add in sugar, salt, baking powder & gluten free flour.
- Remove from food processor & pour into large mixing bowl. Combine further using your hands & make sure it well mixed.
- In heart shaped or metal rounds on large sheet tray, measure 1-2 tablespoons per metal round. Press firmly into round to form an even layer.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Pour pecan torte fillings into each baked crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Combine pecans, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, vanilla, & salt in sauce pan over low heat. Do not allow mixture to come to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, combine arrowroot with almond milk and mix until arrowroot is fully dissolved.
- Pour arrowroot into mixture slowly. Continue to simmer over low heat until thickened.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.