I created this Slow Cooker Pasta di Farro Stew recipe from basic ingredients of carrots, celery, onion, garlic and seasonings of bay leaves, oregano, and basil that can be found in any simple, hearty homestyle meal. Serve this stew with some hot toasted french bread smothered in butter and a side salad. With this Slow Cooker Pasta di Farro Stew, you will find a savory blend of yummy flavors for a very satisfying meal that is higher in protein -for all my friends always asking “WHERE’S THE PROTEIN.”
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 4 vegan Italian sausage by Field Roast
• 4 whole carrots, diced
• 4 celery stalks, diced
• 6-8 garlic, chopped
• 1 large onion, diced
• 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
• 84-ounces water
• 2 Vegetable Bouillon with herbs by Rapunzel
• 3 whole bay leaves
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon basil
• ½ teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 can of 15 ounce cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can of 15 ounce red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 ½ cups of Pasta integrale di Farro, Pizzichi
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker except pasta and beans.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or longer, or high for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving stir in the beans and pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately while hot.